Skip to content
- A not-for-profit community-based charity that brings together the cooperative efforts of the police, the media and the community in the fight against crime
- Financed through fundraising activities, personal, corporate & service club donations
- Encourages the public to submit tips on crimes that have been committed, are being committed or are about to be committed
- Pays up to $2000 for information leading to the successful conclusion of an investigation
- Will NOT ask for your name, phone number, address and will NOT ask you to appear in court
- Crime Stoppers encourages members of the community to assist local law enforcement agencies in the fight against crime by overcoming the two key elements that inhibit community involvement: fear and apathy.
- Crime Stoppers provides a telephone number and Web Tip platform to encourage citizens in the community to volunteer vital information that may be helpful to law enforcement agencies in their fight against crime. The anonymous information received is forwarded to the appropriate investigating agency.
- Tipsters can remain anonymous and are eligible to receive a cash reward if the information given leads to an arrest or charges laid.
- Crime Stoppers relies on volunteer Directors and tax-deductible contributions from the public in order to administer the program.