Ensuring your anonymity
We know the guarantee of anonymity that comes with contacting Crime Stoppers is vitally important to you.
What You Should Know...
We create a report from the information you provide. We ensure that it contains no information which might identify you, e.g. if the call is about your neighbour, we won't mention this. We don't even make a note of your gender or the date and time you called.
- You will not be required to reveal your name
- You will not have to make a Police statement
- You will not appear in court
- Your call will not be recorded
- Your call or online form will not be traced
Crime Stoppers' promise of anonymity has never been broken. It has been sanctioned by the Supreme Court of Canada.
If the identity of one of our callers were ever made known, it would destroy trust in Crime Stoppers and no one would contact us. This is another reason why it is so important to us that we can guarantee your anonymity.
To give information to Crime Stoppers you may contact us in one of the following ways
- By phone at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
- By "Tipsubmit" (click on link)
- By SMS or text message from your cell phone. Send your message to “CRIMES”, and have “Nipper” at the beginning of the body of the message. Your messages are secure and anonymous.